Friday, December 16, 2011

Humbug beginnings

Hi there, nobody at all. How the heck are you? Wait. Don't go. If someone is actually reading this, let me start by apologizing. I don't think you're a nobody (quite the opposite, actually). In fact, if you are reading this, let's be best friends. We'll get coffee tomorrow! My treat! 

Here is the deal. I have always wanted to start a blog. Unfortunately, I have no real game plan aaaaand I am the worst at committing to daily writing. 

THE. WORST. No joke. 

Basically, what I am saying is that it is very cold outside and I don't feel like dealing with the massive lumps of consumers running around trying to murder the spirit of Christmas for me, so I will give it a go. I'd much rather stay inside today, get all cozy on the couch, and at least TRY to do something quasi-productive. Of course, to be honest, I mostly shopped today. Whoops!

I have decided that for the remainder of this magical season (yes, I still think it's magical) I will not be sharing my few spare hours with the likes of the woman who nearly mowed me down in Target (ahem, can you at least say 'excuse me'?) and the old crotchety 'gentleman' who cut me off just to snag my parking spot at the mall last week. Yes, he did it on purpose and I am fairly certain an 80 year old man flipped me the bird during that interaction. Ugh. 

By the way, I totally would have given him my spot. Some people need to relax.  

Don't even get me started on Walmart. I flat out nearly cried at Walmart. Full disclosure: Last year, I DID cry at Walmart. Why did I go back? The people there nearly broke me in half. Nope. No, no, no. This is not how I will spend the remainder of my Christmas season. 

Instead, I am making gifts and shopping online. Etsy, Heartsy, and Amazon.com are my best friends when it comes to holiday shopping this year. It was free shipping day today. Did you get anything good?

I have found some great deals online and I have to share this one with you. I love the "A Very She and Him Christmas" album so much and it is only $3.99 on Amazon today! Woot, woot! 

If you don't have it yet, now is the perfect time to check it out. 



Okay, well...I guess we will see if I am back tomorrow. Who knows? This may be it; the whole shebang. Whatever. At least you maybe, possibly, perhaps got an awesome record at a rad price out if this.

If you're out in the world this week, please smile at people. Everyone is busy and some of us are fighting back tears. Give someone your spot, pay for someone's lunch, do something that makes the world just a little bit nicer. I think the kindness sort of spreads. If it only spreads back to that person's home, that is quite enough...if you ask me.

Happy Holidays!!!

Love,
Megan
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think.
Please consider leaving a comment.